I would just like to say that some days I have bemoaned the fact that I've had to work every weekend since coming off maternity leave. Sometimes I feel like I've missed so much...weddings, showers, family picnics or vacations, long-weekends, church life, and pretty much a lot of family time. This makes me sad.
On the flip side (since there always is one....) some days I think my little girl is the most blessed one on the entire planet- for 18+ months she has had a 1:1 Daddy Date that lasts an entire weekend! I can not begin to imagine all the adventures they have gotten themselves into, and a part of me is happy that what they share from this time is simply theirs. Though I've heard stories, I will never know in full all their little secrets, or all the trouble they've found. I've seen evidence of the scraped knees or bumped noggins. But while the ouchies make my heart hurt, a part of me is really glad that it was HIM who got to kiss them and make them better.
Daddy does things a little differently...
But it sure is fun...
And that is what makes this snippet of Our Life like honey in my heart:
So, when they held their hands out to her, she did the only thing her almost 2yr old mind thought they wanted to do... PRAY! She gently placed her hands hands in theirs, bowed her head, and said "Daddy". It melted my heart, as it does every meal in which we hold hands and she bowes her head to pray for "Daddy". She spends 2 whole days of the week with her Daddy, and the rest of the week missing him till he comes home at the end of the day!
What a joy to see that God is teaching that girl already that the heartache we feel when we miss someone should always compel us to pray for them. The ache we feel is God-given, which He intends for us to use as God-glorifying.
I have 2 weekends left of work before this bittersweet season will come to a close. I am so looking forward to the time I'll get to spend with the 2 loves of my life. But I pray that the bond God has forged between this Daddy and his girl will be a foundation that He'll build on for years and years and years to come....




No comments:
Post a Comment