Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Was I Made for Africa or Was Africa Made for Me?



So, yeah...this is what my kitchen looked like when we returned from our big Wal-Mart trip this morning. I had to snap it and put the inevitable label on it because THIS, friends, is truly what life looks like for us these days. I mean, this blog is about being honest, right? Putting it all out there...you are journeying with us as we figure out this thing called Life. We've done a few support-raising functions lately and talked about what we'll be doing in Bundibugyo. They've gone really well I feel like...but then afterward I've sometimes gotten this feeling of, Was that too "polished"?  

So, just in case it was...just in case you had the impression that I am going to be this perfect missionary who is out milking the cow at 5am every morning, checking my garden for the beautiful crops that are flourishing, and showing pictures of all the wonderful friends my children are making in Africa...well, this pic is for you then. How do you think this gal is going to manage when the closest supermarket is across the Rwenzori Mountains? Good heavens, if I can't keep it together when there is a Wal-Mart 3 miles from my house, my life in Bundi is going to be a site for sure!



Then I ran across this pic that one of my teammates posted on FB, and I realized that Africa is the perfect place for me...wide open, unbridled, hanging on for dear life, & at the same time just along for the ride. Not that there won't be hardships, but I think that in some regards, we'll fit in just fine... :)


 Here's a classic pic of Support-Raising Sunday! It's a family affair in our household, and Lucy felt it appropriate to turn the African baskets into hats...watch out Uganda-we might have a little trendsetter on our hands!



*PS- And just because God likes to keep me FULLY reliant on His grace...um, yeah. We got a call that the house was going to be shown about an hour after the kitchen pic was taken. Seriously? 



“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
 2 Corinthians 12:9








No comments:

Post a Comment