Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Memories to hold on to...

This will be our last Christmas in the States for a while, so I wanted to take a sec to record a few of our happenings to look back upon next year at this time. Since I have a hard enough time keeping up with the goings-on of even the last few days, I know this season will seem like a complete blur later on.
So, here we go...
{warning: graphic image}

We've been Potty-Training! 'Nuff said... (we're getting close, as you can see)


Note I left for D last night around midnight after finding Lucy in a puddle of ...well, I'll leave it to your imagination. I just thought I'd inform him that I had Lysoled the entire house so he wouldn't freak out in the morning and try to do it himself (which he would, mind you).

Please also note in the above picture the plethora of bottles on the counter that have surfaced since we've gotten sick. Whenever illness is in the air, Derek pulls out the stops and starts taking ALL of my vitamins (most of which are primarily for pregnancy).  
What do I take? See that single medicine dropper off to the side? That, my friends, is
 Oil of Oregano- which I truly believe is the Cure for Cancer (and everything else under the sun. I plan to do a case study when we get to Bundi to prove it...) 


 Lucy has officially made her first Nativity Scene. The only thing is she constantly is wanting "Daddy"/Joseph to go to work, and "Mommy"/Mary to go to the store, and they must hug & kiss before either of them leaves, as well as pass the Baby Jesus back and forth to each other :)


Angel of Light we made from Lucy's hands while studying Luke 1 & 2


Lucy's Favorite Christmas Ornament


 Lucy & Olive's stockings


And yes, Daddy found a way to hang the bouncy swing in the kitchen with use of some 
climbing rope...hope it holds!

So, there it is. Just a snippet into our days preparing for Jesus' Birthday. Another memory I want to hold onto is Lucy's joy she has whenever she hears the Salvation Army bell-ringers outside of Wal-Mart. I always let her put a few coins into Jesus' Birthday Bucket and then the bell-ringers let her have a turn ringing the bell while we sing Happy Birthday Jesus & We Wish You a Merry Christmas! 
 {...and, of course, she tells them about how "Chickens Loud!!!" and that she doesn't watch Nemo because it is too scary.} For some reason those 2 conversations come up EVERY time we greet the bell-ringers...


THIS IS LIFE. 
{seize it}
CHRISTMAS 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment