Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Faithful Friend

Yesterday was just kind of a blah day. It was a Monday, raining and nasty of course, my children were in rare form(coloring each other with highlighters and such...), my thyroid medication had just been adjusted, and I was feeling overly anxious, I had to spend 1.5+ hrs on the phone trying to handle a medical bill, support-raising has been slow this month and there are spiritual struggles that go along with that, the house was a complete wreck...the list could go on and on.

But in the midst of it, in God's faithfulness, I received an email from my dear friend Celtina. Now, I feel like I need to preface here with a little explanation. I met Celtina while I was living with some missionary friends in Nicaragua during college. While she spoke little English, and I spoke even less Spanish, the Lord drew our hearts together, and we have been friends ever since. Celtina has always had a heart for children. She and her husband Misael live in a small town in Nicaragua and have actually opened their home to foster children who have been living off the streets.   
They do not have much,
but they give much. 
They give their lives for the proclamation of Jesus, and the joy they receive radiates from their lives. This was the email I received from her:

 

Hola Hermana,
it is so good to hear from you and to hear about your work in Africa,i am reading your letter and is sad the need the peolple have there,we were talked with my husband and we we would like to help you and some way ,please ley me know how we can send some money to you. you can use there to help the people.we are praying for you and for your family.you know we i love you amiga,and i hope God take control of your life and your plans and remember he has the best for you.take care a big hug to you both give a kiss to the babies for us.


I love this dear friend. Though I have not seen her in 10+ years (and it will probably be many more before we meet again), I am so thankful that God placed her in my life...and when I think of my blah Mondays, I'm so grateful that God sends friends like Celtina (and so many others) to remind me of His constant provision and love for us, even when we don't deserve it.




No comments:

Post a Comment