Is January gone already? Soon after Olive recovered from her bout with chickenpox, we all came down with sinus infections that seemed to have kept us locked up in a cave for the rest of the month!Who would have thought we would have started out 2013 in such a dramatic way? Just now exiting from the fog of illness, we have been able to see how God has used even THESE undesirable circumstances to prepare us for the physical ailments we will see in Bundibugyo. Learning to minister out of weakness, even through illness, will help us identify with others who are sick, suffering, and in need of Jesus.
On a positive note, January also brought snow for the girls to
experience for the first time, which was magical, for about five minutes (until
they got too cold and had to come inside!). I also got to enjoy a
weekend away at the beach with old college friends, and we enjoyed
catching up with old friends and speaking at Riverwood PCA in Tuscaloosa.
snow is tasty!
a winter wonderland indeed...
we will miss you, Venable's! Thanks for inviting us to share at Riverwood...
I love these gals and am going to miss them dearly...
Looking
forward, Derek has one month of work left before we dive into full-time
support-raising. Please let us know if you'd like to hear more about
the ministry or have an opportunity to speak before your church or small
group.We've
been so blessed by those of you who have joined our
support team this month through one-time donations or monthly
commitments. We truly appreciate you coming behind us to get us to the
field!
Here is what our Spring itinerary looks like so far (we will be in the Birmingham area mostly through March):
April 8-11 Slidell, LA
April 12-16 Houston, TX
April 17-19 Midland, TX
April 21-19 Phoenix, AZ
April 30-May5 Borrego Springs, CA
May 6-9 Mesquite, NV
May 11-June 9 Palmer Springs, CO (training)
June 10-11 Amarillo, TX
June 13-15 Little Rock, AR
June 17 back home
(hopefully at 100% and ready to get to the field)!








As you prepare to go on the field, I am reminded of Who God is and how He is intimately involved in your preparations. He is our El Shaddai, the God Who provides for our every need. He give His lifeblood; He "sheds forth His Spirit" and says, "Come unto Me and drink:" and "Open thy mouth wide and I will fill it:" and Who thus, by His sacrifice of Himself, gives Himself and His very nature to those who will receive Him, that thus His perfect will may be accomplished in them. I see that happening in your lives, Lauren and Derek. And for that I am joyful! . . . and when you are gone, I will call on that same El Shaddai to comfort and bring fresh life to this mother who is grateful that she has a God Who supplies her every need.
ReplyDeleteSuch a busy schedule! I pray this month God will prepare you for what lies ahead and prepare the way for you next month.
ReplyDelete