Monday, August 5, 2013

Goodbye, Kelly Creek...

I drove through our old neighborhood today, and though I've driven through it many times since we moved out of our house last fall, today was different. Today the memories came flooding back to me. We only lived in this picturesque, "white-picket-fence" neighborhood for two years, but oh the things God did in our lives during that time.

 Here is the house I brought my first child home to. 

Here are the streets I walked hand-in-hand with my hubby and talked about how challenging school was and I gave him parenting lessons on what he was supposed to do with our child when he had to take of her on the weekends while I worked. 

 
Here are the sidewalks on which I first pushed a stroller with my new babe and best friend by my side. 

Here are the yards I passed on the many walks we did trying to induce labor with two separate pregnancies. 

Here are the mailboxes I leaned against the night I did go into labor, when my sister walked these quiet streets with me as I welcomed the pains of childbirth. 


 
And here is Nonnie's house, which I can not look at without tear-filled eyes. 
I see her waving to Lucy from down the street, and how Lucy took her first steps pushing her walker down to Nonnie's door. I see her running down the sidewalk in her blue fairy tutu, dashing into the open arms of her adopted grandmother and very first best friend.


 ...Here is where our memories are kept. In the walls of this house, in the streets of this neighborhood...

 

Here is where God turned us into a family.




I weep for the passing of this innocent season...




Sometimes I don't understand the ways of the Lord, why He chose for us to leave this memorable place at this appointed time. But this I know and rest in: 
God was good to us in this land of plenty, and He will provide for us in the land of need. 
I hold onto these sweet stones of remembrance, which remind me of the goodness of our God and His delight in providing for our family. 



This is Life.
It still hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment