Our kitchen a year ago...hmmm...looks kind of similar to now!
It's 2wks post-baby...the house is in a constant state of chaos as we are trying to get ready to put it on the market, not to mention one member of our household that seems to be able to drag stuff out quicker than anyone can put it away, and the simple fact that closets seem to hold a LOT more than you ever thought they could (until, that is, you are trying to unpack one!)
Nevertheless, it is time to get back to support-raising since our next deadline goal is to be at 50% by the end of September (we're currently at 22%). It's actually something we've been looking forward to getting back to since
1) we love talking about the ministry in Uganda and the work going on there, and
2) I am always encouraged to see the people that God is drawing to be a part of our support team!
Lucy on the phone recruiting supporters :)
I imagine God chuckling at the site, and am grateful for this precious reminder that
Lucy on the phone recruiting supporters :)
So, when I got a voicemail from a friend this week {who I was already planning to send a support packet to the next day} calling to see how we were doing and to let us know that they had signed up to support us just the night before...I was blessed beyond measure! Why? Because here I was
trying to nurse a baby while crouched in front of the toilet with a
2yr old who wants to "teach" the baby how to go poo-poo on the potty...
and I had laundry strewn through the house... and someone rang the
doorbell... and my cell phone was buzzing with an incoming text...and the water on the stove was boiling over...and the support packets I had neatly put together were now scattered through the bedroom because I left the door open and
said 2yr old had a field day with the packets while my back was
turned...
I imagine God chuckling at the site, and am grateful for this precious reminder that


Lovin' it, girl! So fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI love this post, Lauren! Your perspective is beautiful, as always!!!
ReplyDelete