Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Day at the Petting Zoo


Saturday was our first time out on a Family Date...and I would have to say it was a success! We opted for the Oak Mountain Petting Zoo, as I had recently heard about it from a friend and thought that  would be Lucy's top choice of places to go as a family. Overall, I would rate it as B+ if I were giving a review. The "+" being for the price. You can't really beat $3/person and free for under 2. There was lots of room for improvement (like add an air-conditioned restaurant or at least snacks/lemonade stand), and there could have been more animals than just what you could find on a farm, as well as staff to help the kids interact with them in a fun way.  

But ya know what? The temperature was in the 80's, there was a cool breeze blowing, Olive was her usual mild, "happy-go-lucky" self, Luce is only 2 so she doesn't know what she's missing, and overall we had a great day out as a family! What more could I ask for? Here are a few pics from our first "Family {of 4} Date"

PS- ...AND, to all my LA family & friends- I do mean it! If it were at all possible, we would have rather had been home helping you clean up after Isaac. Prayers are going your way, & if there is still stuff to do when we make it that way at the end of this month, we would love to help out!!

Without Further Ado, Our Day at The {Petting} Zoo!

Daddy with his cowgirl!!


Daddy showing Lucy how to touch the goat GENTLY...


We saw goats...


...and sheep...



...and pigs...



...and ANTS!! (it wouldn't be a proper family outing without them, right?)



...and this was Lucy's reaction to The Rooster...I have a feeling this might be an area we'll need to work on when we get to Africa :)



Mommy with a tired girl...



The best family photo we could get to commemorate the day...



And this cutie pie, I can not get enough of!!!


A Dad & his girl...taking a walk while on our picnic


3 Flowers- one for Daddy, one for Mommy, and one for Baby Sister


Cutting up at picnic time!



My sweet little memento to remember our first Family {of 4} Date!



1 comment:

  1. So sweet! It is totally preparation for life in Bundi. RMS alone has a goat, bunny, cows, and an occasional chicken visitor :)

    ReplyDelete