Friday, June 1, 2012

Belated Thoughts from Mother's Day

Have I ever mentioned one of the greatest callings on earth?
Being a Mom...

 


Here are a few reasons why I am thankful God has blessed me with this privilege:


1. Getting butterfly kisses on my cheek every day

2. Endless laughter

3. Re-experiencing life through innocent eyes

4. Singing silly songs

5. Reading silly books


 

6. Countless boo-boos that only kisses can make better

7. The boundless adventures that arise every day

8. Bedtime prayers

9. Gaining perspective on the things that really matter

10. Pajama tea parties


And 10 things I've learned since becoming a Mom:


1. Slow down and enjoy life. Life doesn't pass us by, we pass life by.

2. Principles are more important than rules

3. Laughter is truly one of the best medicines!

4. Character is more important than reputation

5. Mean what you say, and say what you mean.

 

6. Give a hug every day. You never know what a difference it will make in someone's life.

7. What you believe deep down shapes what you live out.

8. For heaven's sake, let go of the little things!
 
9. But don't forget to hold tight to the little things.

10. And yes, life is sometimes one big oxymoron! Don't spend so much time trying to figure it out that you lose the ability to enjoy it :)




I can't believe I get to start this process over again in a few short weeks! Thank you, Jesus, for the blessing it is to be a Mom!



1 comment: