Monday, June 11, 2012

Friends, Family, and Good Times

The past several months have been such a joy since I have not had to work the weekends anymore and have had more time to spend at home, reconnect with old friends, visit family, and just make some sweet sweet memories that I know we will cherish once we are over in Africa. Looking through some of the pictures from the last several months has reminded me how God has truly blessed us along this journey of preparing us for the next season. He has sent people to sprinkle our hearts and lives with love, laughter, and joy. Some people go way back in time with us, others entered in here and there, and some have just recently joined us in the last few months and years. What a blessing to have each and every one of you in our lives!

   
Lucy enjoying her first Mardi Gras with YaYa & Poppy!


 
Leakhena & Chandarra we first met in 2005 (?) when the Cosby's starting working at EPC and soon after recruited us to join them. What great friends these two have been...


CPC ladies who I've had such a good time getting to know the last several years. I sure wish I had more time to spend in their presence! Maybe it will multiply it in the coming year...


Best buds from college who have become such a blessing in my life the last several years! We look forward to our annual Girls Weekend each year, and this year we've planned two reunions because there is just too much going on in our lives to pack it all in one weekend...

 

 I soo wish we lived in closer proximity to the Flannery's because I know we would share life so well together! Our kiddos hit it off when we caught up for an afternoon a couple months back- I just hate that the little old lady we asked to take a picture of Ellen and I turned out to be slightly handicapped and incapable of snapping the shot...Boo! I guess that just means we'll have to get together again before we make the big move...

And same goes for Megan! She does live in closer proximity, but unfortunately it is still hard to plan the trip to meet up when we're both juggling little ones. How I miss my days living with Ellen and Megan in the ZTA house at Samford...what sweet memories!


This shot was actually taken almost 2yrs ago soon after Lucy was born, but we have had the privilege of getting to catch up with my grandparents in the last few months, and will hopefully get another 4-generation shot like this one in a few weeks when they come to visit after Olive is born!
 This is also from over a year ago visiting with my BFF from high school who I've also loved catching up with via phone the last several months. We can't wait for a visit from Dana hopefully this Fall!


Can you believe we're actually related to this good-looking couple? We'll forgive them for moving to Houston since they do occasionally share their weekly dates over Skype with us...but it will be good to catch up in person next month! We miss you Aunt Emmy and Uncle Parker!


 And of course we share many fun days with these cool dudes...life wouldn't be nearly as interesting without 'em!

There have been several other reunions with old roommates and old friends from Nursing school that I failed to snap pictures of at the time (what was I thinking?). So, Leigh, Stephanie....we need to get together again soon so that I can document our fun memories together! And Emily Mealer, I'm going to bring a camera next week to prove how you held me accountable to walking 3miles twice a week up until 40wks prego! What a friend... These are just a few of the people we've enjoyed spending some of our extra time with. I'm hoping that the new addition expected 2 weeks from today won't slow us down a bit but will only provide more opportunities to enjoy time with the many sweet people who have added so much to our life already!

Carpe Diem, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment