Saturday, June 23, 2012

Blueberry-Picking Festival 2012 & Other Miscellaneous Happenings...

Oh, to be 2 again... or 3, or 4, or 5 for that matter! Life is just magical, is it not? Everything is an adventure, a new experience, a road map to somewhere...except you're not the one holding the map. Have you ever thought about that? That we just go about our day, toting our kids around, taking for granted that when I put my child in the car and say, 
 
"We're going blueberry picking!"
 
she doesn't understand where, how long it will take to get there, what we'll do once there, or even what "the point" of blueberry picking is! To her, it obviously is to see how many of these luscious treats you can consume at one time because...again, who knows what's coming next, what's to follow, if we'll ever be back to this place again!  To her, I think the thought process is...
 
"All I know is that I am in Blueberry Heaven, and it took a really long time to get here, so why are these crazy people putting the berries in the bucket, when you can put them in your face?!" 
 
And so, THAT, my friends, is what we did! Without further ado, I present to you

The Cousins Blueberry Festival 2012


All kiddos on deck, waiting patiently for the precious words: "Let's Go!"


Hut-Hut & LuLu enjoying some cousin time while feasting on the morsels...


One thing about my child: if there is a dog in site, you can guarantee she is right there next to it. I'm sure she shared just as many berries with her new friend as she plopped in her own mouth!
 

"So THAT is why Mommy puts them in the bucket! So that when my hands get tired of picking, I can just go get some out of hers!"







Ra-Ra enjoying some of his loot...

 

Everyone toting the goods back to the house! 
Funny side note about this pic: I acquired the cool blurry effect in the photo as Lucy passed her hand in front of the camera as I scooped her squirmy self up onto my very pregnant hip (why I did this while trying to take a picture, I don't know...) In the very instant I did this, the belt holding my blueberry bucket popped and ALL the blueberries I had picked for the afternoon went sprawling through the grass!!! So, what looks like a peaceful shot meandering through the meadow, was actually probably the most CHAOTIC moment of the entire day!!!


Shear Exhaustion...


But soooo much fun!!



And on to Other Miscellaneous Happenings...


We enjoyed Father's Day on the boat with said cousins & Uncle Ry & Aunt Jenn. It was my first time on their boat & it was the perfect day for it!!


Don't be fooled...our daughter is not a daredevil kneeboarder...she just enjoyed sun-bathing on the float most of the time!


...or shooting the breeze on the back of the boat


And the Other Big Event of Our Week:

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!!!!!



Stay tuned, friends! There is already news in the works for next week's Blog Post. Just in case you need a hint to wet your appetite

1) Lucy gets a Bob haircut (and it is OH SO CUTE!)

2) Welcome Olive Mae!!!!! (Mama is trying all natural induction techniques as we speak, but will have to be induced come Thursday if we see no action...) Come on, Olive!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    I've been enjoying your blog. so excited for y'alls new endevours!!! Also excited to see pics of Olive Mae (side note my step grandmother was named Olive)...well just wanted to say hi & the Scholls will keep you in our prayers!!!
    Love,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete