It seems like every day there happens to be some little snippet that makes me think, "I really want to hold on to that..." Since I seem to never have time to document any of them these days, I thought I would take just a minute to jot them down real quick....
1. Checking out at Wal-Mart while purchasing more tubs to pack our house:
Cashier: You're fixin' to move aren't ya? Where ya goin'? Off to college?
Me: No, we're moving houses...
Cashier: Oh yeah? Something bigger?
Me: Smaller actually...we're moving to Africa (just slipped that one in while digging through the purse for the credit card)
Cashier: {I think her life just stopped} AFRICA?! Like the continent?!
Me: Yes, like the continent. Me, my husband, and my 2 little girls are moving there
Cashier: Well, I'll be! I feel like I need to give you a hug or something- at least tell you that I'll miss you! (we have never met, mind you...) I think maybe because you're just going so far away...Did you hear that (talking to the other cashier)? I thought she was going off to college, but she's moving to AFRICA!!
The conversation went on for another minute or two (because, alas, you can not just slip that in to a chit-chat conversation). It was classic though. Me & Wal-Mart, we have a love-hate relationship going on. This was definitely on the LOVE side :)
2. Everything's off the walls & Lucy's room is looking as bare as ever...Somehow she doesn't seem to notice though, and this is how I found these two after sleeping in on Saturday morning:
discussing the deep things of Corduroy with Froggy...
3. And then, as soon as she saw me, she announced, "Mommy! Lucy get Pa-Port! Lucy get Pa-Port!!" And that lead to the Mini-Adventure of the Webber Family tromping down to the Leeds Post Office to apply for the Girls Passports...definitely want to hold on to that memory :) PS- Thank you very much...I took our own photos for a total of $0.38, instead of paying the exorbitant amount of $12 each at the CVS Photo Booth. I love saving money.
4. Entering in to the kitchen for breakfast this week, Derek found Lucy ready to start her day- diving into PrimaryCare Otolaryngology! That's definitely not the first book I would want to pick up for the day...
5. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time visiting with my bff from highschool, Dana! She made the treck all the way down from NYC just to sleep on a mattress in the Webber house...what a friend (I don't know if she knew what she was in for...)
...but I know one person who fell in love with her...
6. And of course, I can't forget Olive's first Fall Festival a few weeks ago!
7. I don't have a picture for this one, but I truly can not forget it...on Election Day, Lucy sees a picture of Obama & Romney on the computer screen, and excitedly points to the picture, exclaiming, "Jesus! Look, Mommy! Jesus!" Intrigued, I pulled the screen closer to her and said, "Which one looks like, Jesus, sweetheart?" Pointing to OBAMA, she said again, "Jesus!" Laughing to myself, I wondered what in the world goes through that little girl's head sometimes... :)
I sure do love her!









No comments:
Post a Comment